Innovative Interfaces’ API for Sierra is accessible via Windows ODBC with the right drivers installed on the client PC and the right configuration on the Sierra server. Clients can access data via ODBC whether Sierra is hosted at III’s data centers or elsewhere.
- The Sierra login information used to access the Sierra API (the login info used in the Sierra ODBC connection) must have rights to Sierra DNA / Sierra API from within Sierra. This is a task for your ILS Administrator.
- The Sierra server must be open to traffic to port 1032 from all staff members’ external / outgoing IP addresses. Depending on your network architecture and hosting situation, this may involve your ILS Administrator and/or Network Administrator.
- Users will need a 32-bit PostgreSQL ODBC drivers. These can be found on PostgreSQL’s website.
Getting It Done:
In Control Panel > Administrative Tools click Set up ODBC data sources (32-bit). An ODBC Data Source Administrator window will appear. Click Add…
- If you’re hosted, your Sierra database server is probably: sierra-db.[your institution’s domain].org/edu/etc
- If you host on your own, contact your network or ILS administrator, or III support for this information.